Monday, November 23, 2015

The Weekly Stuff #124 - Jonathan's Top 10 Favorite Bizarre Film School Stories

As you’re reading this, I’m in Arizona on vacation for Thanksgiving, so unfortunately, we weren’t able to talk about this week’s Doctor Who, or anything else that has happened in the past week. But fear not! We will talk about all of that next week, and in the meantime, we banked an extra-special episode just for this occasion. As you probably know, I attend the University of Colorado Boulder, and as a film student there – in an excellent, outstanding film program, I should make clear – I have been exposed to some strange films. Some very strange films. Some films the content of which I cannot discuss in polite conversations. Some films I cannot honestly believe I even saw. And I’ve been entertaining Sean with stories of these films and experiences off the air for years now – so for the Thanksgiving holiday, we thought it appropriate to finally tell those stories on air. I have made a list of my Top 10 Favorite Bizarre Film School Stories, and when I saw ‘bizarre,’ I am probably underselling it. This list gets extreme – from stories of watching films depicting births and autopsies, all the way to a movie about sexual cannibalism. Yeah. We go there. So a brief content warning is in order – this episode contains the usual bad language, in addition to a pretty overwhelming amount of discussion of graphic sexual and violent content. Don’t say you weren’t warned. And don’t blame me, either – I’m only the messenger. The horribly traumatized messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment